To get the blog back in motion here are some very random training and nutrition thoughts:
1. I can't wait to train in the winter. I crave the cold barbell and being able to put the barbell on your back without it moving cause your sweating so much. Chalk can only do so much.
2. I just moved to NYC. How are there no gyms with a good power rack. Where are all the EFS power racks in NYC?
3. I trained at the NYU gym yesterday. How is it that they have only hexagon plates? What a pain. No Glute Ham Raise and no deadlift area.
4. Everyone needs to eat protein at breakfast. A bowl of cereal is not enough if you want to get yacked. Add eggs - whole eggs (the yolk has an insane nutrient profile) or cottage cheese. Those 2 choices are convenient and an easy way to get protein in your breakfast. All cereal eaters - are you ever hungry an hour later from your breakfast? - try adding protein to it and you may feel full longer.
5. You know how I know you don't train? If your wide awake at 2am partying and slamming beers on a regular occasion. When you hit the sled, the prowler, squat weekly, deadlift, run hill sprints, military press, and chin and dip your face off - there is no way your up partying at 2am.