Saturday, March 7, 2009

Farmer's Walks

My First Blog Post:
Farmer's Walks, or as I like to call it "Farming" are an insane exercise and incredible for those new to the iron game.  Anyone who comes to my garage gym to train starts off with this exercise as their first "weight bearing" exercise.  It is easy to teach and also develops a massive upper back, traps, shoulders, and actually is great for ankle mobility.  

I've been using an 80 pound dumbell duck taped to a 45 pound dumbell for extra weight totaling 125 pounds per hand.  However, recently I got Farmer's Handles and you can add 45 pound plates to each side.  Dov (My training partner) and I loaded each side with 2 - 45 pound plates per side and go down my driveway which is 30 yards.  It was insane!  Videos are coming soon!  Stay Posted

No comments:

Post a Comment